Generic Zolpidem is sold under the brand name of Ambien. This medicine is a hypnotic, which is used for the treatment of insomnia. It is a condition in which a person is not able to sleep properly.
How does Ambien functions?
Generic Zolpidem shows its therapeutic effect by affecting the chemicals present in the brain that remains unbalanced in case of person suffering from insomnia.
What are the conditions in which Ambien should not be consumed?
- In case of hepatic and renal impairment
- If you are allergic to generic Zolpidem
- In case of history of depression and mental illness
- In case of respiratory disorder like asthma, bronchitis etc
Medicines that should not be consumed with Ambien-
- Azole anti-fungal :Itraconazole and Ketoconazole
- Anti tuberculosis: Rifampin, Ethambutol
- Antidepressant : Imipramine, Sertraline
What is the prescribed dose of Ambien?
A person should consume this medicine via oral route along with a glass of water. The maximum dose of this medicine should not increase more than 10mg in a day. You should administer this medication in an empty stomach and do not eat food before taking this medication, as this drug will not show its action.
What to do in case of missed dose?
If a dose of this medicine is missed, then consume it as soon as you remember. Avoid intake of two doses at the same time.
What are the side effects of Ambien?
Drowsiness, dizziness, weakness, light-headed, tired feeling, loss of coordination, running nose, dry mouth, throat irritation, nausea, constipation, diarrhea,
Headache and muscle pain.
What are the important points that should be kept in mind while using Ambien?
- Consumption of this medicine makes a person feel sleepy and lazy, so you should avoid driving vehicles or doing any works that requires full focus.
- Avoid intake of this drug if you have consumed alcohol in day time or at bed time.