Soma 350mg tablet is mainly intended for managing the symptoms of moderate to severe muscle pain. Soma 350mg tablet contains generic Carisoprodol as a main active component. Carisoprodol belongs to the class of medicines known as Muscle relaxant.
The mechanism of action of Carisoprodol in relieving discomfort associated with acute painful musculoskeletal conditions has not been clearly identified. In animal studies, muscle relaxation induced by Carisoprodol is associated with altered interneuronal activity in the spinal cord and in the descending reticular formation of the brain.
Dosage Information for Soma 350mg Tablets (Carisoprodol 350mg)
Soma is available as 350mg extended release tablets to be taken every 4 to 6 hours. You may take this medication with or without food. The dosage of this medication is based on the medical condition and response of the medication to treatment. Do not increase the dose, take the medication more frequently. Do not suddenly stop the medication. Reduce the dose of the medication and then stop it. Do not crush or chew the tablet; swallow it as a whole.
What is the Drug Interactions With Soma 350mg Tablets (Carisoprodol 350mg)?
- Keep a list of all the products you use (including prescription/nonprescription drugs and herbal products) and share it with your doctor and pharmacist.
- Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are taking other products that cause drowsiness including alcohol, antihistamines (such as cetirizine, diphenhydramine), drugs for sleep or anxiety (such as alprazolam, diazepam, meprobamate, zolpidem), other muscle relaxants, and narcotic pain relievers (such as codeine).
What is Side Effects Soma 350mg Tablets (Carisoprodol 350mg)?
- Blurred vision
- Upset stomach
Precautionary Measures of Soma 350mg Tablets (Carisoprodol 350mg)
There are some precautionary measures to be kept in mind while using Soma such as-
- Avoid use of this medication if you are hypersensitive to any of its active ingredient
- Do not use this medication if you have any history of acute intermittent porphyria
- Use the medication with extreme caution as it may cause drug dependence effect
- It is a habit forming drug, so not indicated for use in patients with history of drug abuse
- Avoid driving, doing any work, or operating any machinery that requires your alertness as this drug may cause dizziness
- Avoid use of this medication during pregnancy and breastfeeding
- Avoid intake of anti-allergic medication and any other anti-depressant medication while using this medication.