Librium 10mg Tablets is used for the treatment of anxiety, acute alcohol withdrawal and also helpful to relieve fear and anxiety before surgery. Librium 10mg Tablets contains generic Chlordiazepoxide that belongs to benzodiazepines category of medicine. It directly acts on CNS, enhance the onset of action of Librium 10mg tablets is very fast.
What is the mechanism of Librium 10mg Tablets?
Brand Librium 10mg tablets works by enhancing the amount of certain chemical in brain like GABA and helps to maintain the anxiety problems. It contains generic Chlordiazepoxide, which comes under the class of sedative or hypnotic of the benzodiazepine drugs. Benzodiazepines are famous for producing several effects such as skeletal muscle relaxant, hypnotic, anticonvulsant and amnestic.
What is use of Librium 10mg Tablets?
Librium 10mg tablets is highly prescribed by the professional health care to cure anxiety and acute alcohol withdrawal symptoms.
Which medical conditions should be avoided while using Librium 10mg Tablets?
- If you have renal and hepatic disabilities, then avoid the use of Librium 10mg tablets.
- Individuals who have lung or breathing problems should avoid the use of Librium 10mg tablets.
- If you have blood disorders and a history of alcohol abuse then avoid the use of Librium 10mg tablets.
Which drugs can alter the activity of Librium 10mg Tablets?
- Other anti-depressants like Fluoxetine, Fluvoxamine
- Medicine for sleep like Sedatives
- Psychiatric medicines like Chlorpromazine
What is the storage condition of Librium 10mg Tablets?
Store Librium 10mg tablets at cool and dry place where temperature of surroundings should not more than 300 C. keep it away from of the reach of children and pets.
What is recommended dose of Librium 10mg Tablets?
Librium 10mg tablets should be taken once in day via oral route along with enough quantity of water. This drug should be taken at the same time on daily basis as you may remember to take it daily. If you feel better then you should gradually decrease the amount of this drug. Do not stop the use of this drug sudden as you may feel withdrawal symptoms.
What types of adverse side effects you may face?
After the consumption Librium 10mg tablets user can face some types of side effects such as muscle twitching, headache, constipation, nausea, dizziness, drowsiness, clumsiness and trouble in walking.
What types of precautions should be taken while using Librium Tablets?
- If you ever had hypersensitive reactions towards generic Chlordiazepoxide, then avoid the use of this drug as you may feel allergic reactions.
- If you are pregnant and planning to become then avoid the use of this drug.
- Librium 10mg tablets frequently releases in the breast milk so breastfeeding mothers should avoid the use of Librium 10mg tablets.
- Avoid driving after the consumption of Librium because it produces dizziness and drowsiness.