Valium 10mg is a solid preparation and comes in the form of tablets, which is convenient to take for almost ages of patients. This medicine is prescribed to beat a leading mental condition i.e. moderate to severe anxiety and alcohol withdrawal symptoms. Apart from that, it is also used to manage various mental problems like seizures, epilepsy, and convulsion and also used in muscle spasms.
How Valium 10mg shows its pharmacological action?
Generic Valium 10mg belongs to category of benzodiazepines, which are mainly useful to treat anxiety condition. Diazepam mainly acts on the central nervous system and gives calming effects to individuals. It works by enhancing the effects of gamma amino butyric acid in brain, which helps to improve the anxiety condition. It also balanced certain chemicals in the brain, which are responsible for the occurrence of anxiety.
In which conditions Valium 10mg should not be taken?
- If you have certain muscle disease (myasthenia gravis), then avoid the use of this drug.
- Individuals who have breathing trouble during sleep such as sleep apnea should avoid the use this drug.
- If you are hypersensitive to generic Diazepam.
Which types of drugs should not be taken along with the use of Valium 10mg?
- Tricyclics such as Amitriptyline.
- Psychiatric medicines such as Phenothiazines like Chlorpromazine.
- Other anti-depressants like Nefazodone.
What is the suitable environmental condition for Valium 10mg?
It should be stored at the place where sunlight cannot reach easily. Keep it away from the reach of children and pets.
What is the prescribed intake of Valium 10mg?
- For anxiety disorders- The initial recommended dose of this drug is 2mg to 10mg, two to four times in a day.
- For acute alcohol withdrawal symptoms- You should get 10mg of Valium total four times within a day and gradually the dose may be reduced up to 5mg.
What are the side effects that can be produced after intake of Valium 10mg?
You may feel some side effects after the consumption of this drug such as drowsiness, headache, constipation, fatigue, dizziness, sleep disturbances and agitation.
What types of precautionary measurements should be followed while using Valium 10mg?
- If you ever feel allergic reaction towards Valium 10mg and any of its active constituent then avoid the use of this drug.
- Some liquid may contain alcohol and other beverage; let them check before dirking while suing Valium 10mg, as you may suffer from the risk of side effects.
- Older patients should use this medicine with extra caution.
- It is better for pregnant females that they avoid the use of this drug but if they need it then first take advice from doctor and then use it.
- This drug is strictly prohibited to take in breastfeeding conditions.