Librium 25 mg Tablets is a benzodiazepine, which consists of generic Chlordiazepoxide 25 mg as a vital component. Librium 25 mg Tablets is used for the treatment of anxiety disorders and withdrawal signs due to alcoholism. It is also used for the removal of fear and nervousness before undergoing through surgery.
How Librium 25 mg Tablets does show its action?
Librium 25 mg tablets functions by slowing down the movement of chemicals in the brain leading to the decreased nervous tension. This results in causing sedation.
What are the contraindications of Librium 25 mg Tablets?
You should avoid consumption of Librium in case:-
- If you are allergic to generic Chlordiazepoxide.
- If you are suffering from renal and hepatic disorder.
- Suffering from narrow angle glaucoma and psychotic disorder.
What are the drug interactions of Librium 25 mg Tablets?
- Anti- tuberculosis: Rifampin, Ethambutol.
- Azole antifungal: Ketoconazole, Itraconazole.
- Hydantoins: Phenytoin.
How to store Librium 25 mg Tablets?
Librium 25 mg tablets should be stored at a room temperature of 250C in a cool and dry place. It should be kept away from heat, light and moisture.
What is the recommended dose of Librium 25 mg Tablets?
As this medicine is available in the form of tablet so you should consume this medicine once in a day. You should not consume a dose of more than 10mg in day. Do not administer this medicine for more than 4 months.
What is the unwanted adverse effect of Librium 25 mg Tablets?
Clumsiness, confusion, dizziness, drowsiness; headache, lack of coordination, lightheadedness, unsteadiness, unusual weakness, Severe allergic reactions Like rashes, hives, difficulty breathing, tightness in the chest and swelling of mouth, face or tongue.
What are the precautionary measures that should be followed?
- Administration of Librium 25 mg tablets leads to dizziness, drowsiness and blurred vision, so you should avoid driving or doing any task that needs full focus.
- You should avoid consumption of alcoholic beverages along with Librium 25mg tablets as it increases the sedative effect of this medicine.
- Librium 25mg tablets should be consumed with extreme caution in case of children.