Careprost Eye Drops is an ophthalmic eye preparation used to treat the intraocular pressure and hypotrichosis. Careprost Eye Drops are extensively prescribed for increasing the length of eyelashes, you can get heavy and feathery eyelashes, and you can improve your beauty quickly. Hypotrichosis is a condition in which the length of eye lashes gets decreased.
What is the active pharmacological action of Careprost Eye Drops?
Generic Bimatoprost is a type of prostaglandin, which works by increasing the flow of eye fluid towards outside that maintains the eye pressure.
Why Careprost Eye Drops are Prescribed?
Careprost eye drops are prescribed for the treatment of intraocular eye pressure and in hypotrichosis.
In which conditions Careprost Eye Drops should be avoided?
- If you have other eye problems like macular edema, uveitis, iritis and lens extraction, then avoid the use of Careprost eye drops.
- If you have a recent history of eye surgery, then avoid the use of Careprost eye drops.
How you should store Careprost Eye Drops?
Keep Careprost eye drops in humidity free environment and cool place.
How you should instill Careprost Eye Drops in proper manner?
Before using Careprost eye drops, wash your hands properly with fresh water. The dose of Careprost eye drops should be applied once in a day usually in night. After pouring this drug into your eyes close them for 5 minutes and then wait. After that, the same procedure should be followed with other eye. The maximum use of Careprost eye drop is up to 8 to 12 months, so do not use it more than this otherwise it can change the color of the eyes.
What are adverse side effects you can feel after using Careprost Eye Drops?
You may feel some annoying side effects such as dizziness, drowsiness, headache, fanning, mouth taste change and redness in eyes.
What are the precautions should be taken while using Careprost Eye Drops?
- Avoid the use of Careprost eye drops if you ever hypersensitive reactions towards generic Bimatoprost.
- Avoid driving just after the instillation of Careprost as it produces dizziness and drowsiness.
- Avoid the use of Careprost eye drops in case of pregnancy and breastfeeding.
- Patients who are under the age of 18 years should avoid the use of Careprost eye drops.
- Do not use Careprost eye drops for long time as it may change the color of the eye.