Yasmin Pill (Contraceptive Pills) is an oral medication containing Drospirenone and Ethinyl estradiol. Yasmin Pill is used as a contraceptive pill to prevent unwanted pregnancy. The pack of Yasmin contains 28 tablets in which 21 tablets are hormonal tablets and 7 tablets are non-hormonal tablet.
How does Yasmin Pill works?
Yasmin Pill shows its action by preventing ovulation. It also changes the cervical and uterine lining which makes it problematic for the sperm to reach uterus and difficult for the fertilized egg to get attached to the uterus.
What are the contraindications of Yasmin Pill (Contraceptive Pills)?
- You should not consume Yasmin Pill if you are allergic to generic Drospirenone and Ethinyl estradiol.
- If you are suffering from renal and hepatic impairment, then you avoid consumption of Yasmin Pill.
- If you are suffering from uterine cancer, liver cancer and breast cancer, then you should not consume Yasmin Pill.
What are the drug interactions of Yasmin Pill (Contraceptive Pills)?
- Anti-depressant: Fluoxetine and Paroxetine
- Barbiturates: Diazepam, Nitrazepam
- Anti-epileptic: Carbamazepine, Phenytoin
- Antibiotic: Clarithromycin, Erythromycin
- Anti-fungal: Ketoconazole, Itraconazole
How to store Yasmin Pill (Contraceptive Pills)?
Yasmin Pill should be stored at a room temperature of 300C. It should be kept away from direct heat, light and moisture.
What is the method to consume Yasmin Pill (Contraceptive Pills)?
While starting this pack you should consume hormonal tablets for 21 days on regular basis. From 22nd day you should start the administration of non-hormonal tablet called placebo for a week. After that start with the new pack
What to do in case of missed dose?
- If one tablet of this medicine is missed, then you should administer two tablets on the next day.
- If two tablets are missed in a week, then you should consume 2 tablets for 2 days.
- If you miss more than two doses in a week, then discard the pack and start a new pack.
What are the side effects exhibited by Yasmin Pill (Contraceptive Pills)?
Heavy vaginal bleeding, nausea, vomiting, acne, breast tenderness, headache, mood changes, feeling tired or irritable, weight gain, changes in your menstrual periods and decreased libido.
What are the precautions to be followed while using Yasmin Pill?
- Females above 35 years of age should consume Yasmin Pill with caution.
- Females smoking more than 10 cigarettes in a day should not consume this medication as it increases the risk of blood clotting.
- Avoid use of Yasmin Pill for getting protection against HIV.