Xanax 1mg Tablet is prescribed to treat anxiety disorders (generalized anxiety), panic disorders or anxiety due to depression. Xanax 1mg tablets contain Generic Alprazolam which belongs to short acting benzodiazepines. Xanax 1mg tablets acts by slowing down the movement of chemicals present in CNS that may become unstable, resulting in lowering of nervous tension (anxiety).
How Xanax 1mg Tablets works?
Xanax 1mg tablets directly acts on the nervous system and relaxes the panic condition and delivers a calming effect. Xanax 1mg tablets enhances the mood by modifying the levels of GABA, a natural chemical that absolutely affects the mood.
When Xanax 1mg Tablets use is avoided?
- Eye disorders like narrow-angle glaucoma.
- History of depression or suicidal thoughts or behavior.
- Kidney or liver ailment.
- History of drug or alcohol dependence.
- Respiratory problems such as asthma, bronchitis, emphysema, or chronic obstructive pulmonary disorder (COPD).
Which drugs interact with Xanax 1mg Tablets?
- Antifungal drugs: Itraconazole or Ketoconazole
- Other benzodiazepines: Chlordiazepoxide, Oxazepam, Diazepam, lorazepam
How Xanax 1mg Tablets are stored?
Xanax 1mg tablets should be stored at room temperature away from light, heat and moisture.
How Xanax 1mg Tablets taken?
Xanax tablet is available in the doses of 0.5mg, 1mg taken orally three times a day. The maximum acceptable dose that you can consume in a day is 4mg.
What happens in case of missed dose?
You can consume the dose you have forgotten the moment you remember. If it is roughly the time for your subsequent dose, you can skip the missed dose and consume the drug at the subsequent planned time. Avoid taking extra drug to make up for the missed dose.
What happens in case of overdose?
Symptoms of Xanax 1mg tablets over dosage may include confusion, extreme drowsiness, loss of balance or coordination, fainting, or coma. Look out for an immediate medical help if you think you have taken this medication in excess.
What are the side effects of Xanax 1mg Tablets?
Common side effects of Xanax 1mg tablets 9Generic Alprazolam) may include depressed mood, feeling light-headed, sedation, muscle twitching, headache, or jaundice (yellowing of the skin or eyes).
What precautionary measures are to be implemented before taking Xanax tablets?
- Avoid Xanax 1mg tablets in case you suffer from eye disorders such as glaucoma, history of depression or drug or alcohol abuse.
- Avoid drinking alcohol along with Generic Alprazolam as it can augment the risk of drowsiness and dizziness caused by it.