Tranax 1mg Tablets is an orally administered medication that is used for the treatment of anxiety. Tranax 1mg Tablet is also used for the management of anxiety disorders, panic disorders, and anxiety caused by depression. It comes under the class of medication known as a benzodiazepine. It shows anxiolytic, sedative, hypnotic, skeletal muscle relaxant, anticonvulsant, and amnestic properties. It works by increasing the effects of a certain natural chemical in the body (GABA) that balances chemical in the brain to overcome these symptoms. Alprazolam is marketed under various brands such as Tanax and Xanax.
What are the contraindications of Tranax 1mg Tablets?
- You should not use Tranax 1mg tablets if you are allergic to ingredient present in the Alprazolam.
- Do not use Tranax 1mg tablets if you are suffering from seizures or epilepsy, kidney or liver disease (especially alcoholic liver disease), asthma or other breathing disorder, open-angle glaucoma.
Method of administration of Tranax 1mg Tablets
Tranax 1mg tablets should be administered orally with a full glass of water. You should not crush, chew, or break an extended-release tablet. Swallow it whole. You should not stop suddenly using Alprazolam, as it can show unpleasant withdrawal symptoms. Ask your doctor how to safely stop using Alprazolam.
The usually recommended adult dose for Anxiety, immediate-release tablets/disintegrating tablets: 0.25 to 0.5 mg orally administered 3 times a day, Maximum dose: 4 mg orally administered in divided doses.
What are the drug interactions of Tranax 1mg Tablets?
You should not use following class of medication along with Alprazolam as it can produce harmful effects such as:
- Ritonavir or other medicines to treat HIV or AIDS
- Antifungal medicine - Fluconazole, Voriconazole
What are the precautions of Tranax 1mg Tablets?
- Tranax 1mg tablets can cause harmful effects to baby if you are breastfeeding and pregnant.
- You should not consume alcohol while using Tranax 1mg tablets as it can increase the chances of side effects.
- You should not drive just after administration of Tranax 1mg tablets until you feel better.
What are the side effects of Tranax 1mg Tablets?
- Slurred speech, lack of balance or coordination
- Drowsiness, feeling tired
- Memory problems
- Feeling anxious early in the morning.