Modalert 200mg Tablets are particularly prescribed for those people who are suffering from excessive sleepiness, which is developed due to narcolepsy, sleep apnea, and shift work sleep disorders. Generic Modafinil is the main active component accessible in Modalert 200mg tablets, which reveals its function by altering the certain natural chemicals like dopamine in the brain that controls the sleep cycle.
Contraindications of Modalert 200mg Tablets
Modalert 200mg tablets are not meant for those patients who are suffering from
- Hypersensitivity towards generic Modafinil
- Renal or hepatic dysfunction
- Cardiac disorders
- Heart disorder
- A history of the mental problem
- A history of drug addiction
Drug interactions of Modalert 200mg Tablets
- Blood thinners like Warfarin, Heparin, and Coumadin
- Sleeping pills
- Opioid analgesics like Tramadol hydrochloride
Prescribing information of Modalert 200mg Tablets
Modalert are available in tablet preparation and its available doses are 100mg and 200mg. The suggested dose of Provigil for wakefulness or sleeplessness is 200mg on a daily basis in the morning. Provigil tablet should be taken via the oral cavity with a glassful of water.
Negative symptoms of Modalert 200mg Tablets
Common undesirable effects of Modalert 200mg tablets include back pain, nausea, nose congestion, nervousness, drowsiness, anxiety, skin rashes, chest pain, and trouble in breathing, dark color of urine.
Severe adverse effects of Modalert 200mg tablets are jaundice (yellowing of skin or eyes), fever, shallow breathing, shortness of breath, and depression.
Special safety and precautions of Modalert 200mg Tablets
- Avoid use of alcohol with Modafinil as it may increase the adverse effects or worsening of adverse effects.
- No need to take any sleeping pills with Modafinil otherwise, you may feel drowsy.
- Children under the age of 17 years should not use Modalert 200mg tablets.
- Modalert 200mg tablets are not intended for pregnant and breastfeeding females.
- Modalert 200mg tablets can influence the beneficial actions of birth control pills. So, you should avoid the use of birth control pills.
- Modafinil may have an effect on your capability to drive. So, you should avoid driving and any other activity which needs extra attentiveness.