Mircette Pill comprises of generic Desogestrel and Ethinyl estradiol as a vital component. It is used as a contraceptive pill to prevent unplanned pregnancy. The pack of Mircette contains 28 tablets in which 21 tablets are white and 2 tablets are light green color and 5 tablets are of yellow color.
How does Mircette Birth Control Pill functions?
It functions by preventing ovulation and also alters the lining of the uterus medicine, thus making it problematic for the sperm to reach an egg. This makes hard for the fertilized egg to attach to uterus.
What are the conditions in which Mircette Pillshould not be consumed?
- Avoid intake of Mircette Birth Control Pill if you are suffering from uterine cancer, liver cancer and breast cancer.
- If you are allergic to generic Desogestrel and Ethinyl estradiol, then you should not consume Mircette Pill
- If you are suffering from renal and hepatic impairment, then you should not take Mircette Birth Control Pill.
What are the drug interactions of Mircette Birth Control Pill?
- Anti-fungal: Ketoconazole, Itraconazole
- Anti-epileptic: Carbamazepine, Phenytoin
- Anti-depressant: Fluoxetine and Paroxetine
- Barbiturates: Diazepam, Nitrazepam
- Antibiotic: Clarithromycin, Erythromycin
How to store Mircette Birth Control Pill?
You should keep Mircette Birth Control Pill at a temperature of 250C. It should be stored away from direct heat, sunlight and moisture.
Prescribed dose of Mircette Birth Control Pill to be consumed-
Mircette Pill should be administered daily on a same time or you should not increase the time interval of 24 hours between two doses of this medication.
While starting this pack a female consume 21 white tablets for 21 days, after that she should administer light green tablet for a time span of 2 days. At last you should consume 5 tablets of yellow color for five days regularly. This complete pack is administered up to 28 days.
What are the adverse effects of Mircette Birth Control Pill?
- Mild nausea, vomiting, stomach cramps, breast tenderness, darkening of facial skin, increased hair growth, loss of scalp hair, changes in weight or appetite, vaginal itching or discharge, changes in your menstrual periods and decreased libido.
What are the safety tips to be followed while using Mircette Pill?
- Avoid use of Mircette Birth Control Pill for getting protection against HIV as this drug is not meant for treating HIV.
- Females smoking more than 10 cigarettes in a day should avoid intake of this medication as it leads to blood clotting.
- Females above 35 years of age should consume Mircette Birth Control Pill with caution.