HUCOG 5000 iu is used for the treatment infertility problems females who have not gone through menopaus. It contains generic HCG It is also used for treating various testicular development problems and stimulates the development of secondary sexual characteristics. It is also used for treating the boys suffering from Prepubertal Cryptorchidism.
How HUCOG 5000 iu does functions?
In case of females HCG supports the normal development of an egg in the ovary of female and stimulates the release of the egg at the time of ovulation.
In males it HCG shows its action by stimulating the cells in the testicles for the production androgens which is responsible for the development of male secondary sexual characteristics.
What are the conditions in which HUCOG 5000 iu should not be consumed?
- If you are allergic to Pregnyl.
- Suffering from asthma and uterine fibroids.
- Experiencing renal and hepatic impairment.
What is the prescribed dose of HUCOG 5000 iu?
- For treating Prepubertal Cryptorchidism: A dose of 4000 USP units should be injected thrice in a week.
- For treating Hypogonadotropic Hypogonadism in males: A dose of 500 to 1000 USP units should be injected thrice in a week for three weeks followed by same dose two times a week for 3 weeks.
What to do in case of missed dose?
If a dose is missed, then inject it as soon as you remember. Do not inject two does at the same time.
What to do in case of overdose?
Overdose of this medicine leads to severe overdose symptoms, so you should consult a doctor immediately.
What are adverse effects of HUCOG 5000 iu?
Severe pelvic pain, swelling of the hands or legs, stomach pain and swelling, difficulty in breathing, weight gain, diarrhea, nausea or vomiting and urinating less than normal.
What are the safety tips that should be followed while using HUCOG 5000 iu?
- Pregnant females and breast feeding mothers should avoid consumption of this medicine.
- You should discard the syringe of this injection after the use.