Adaferin contains Adapalene, which is a topical retinoid used in the treatment of acne, blackheads, spots, pimples and other conditions of the skin. Adaferin works by stopping pimples and reducing redness and soreness. Adapalene has also some effect on reducing inflammation. It is applicable to be used on the face, chest and back.
Mechanism of action of Adaferin gel 0.1%:
Adapalene mainly binds to the specific retinoic acid nuclear receptors (gamma and beta) and retinoid X receptors. Adapalene does not bind to the cytosolic receptor protein. It is suggested that topical application of Adapalene may normalize the differentiation of follicular epithelial cells resulting in decreased micro comedones formation. Adapalene is a modulator of cellular differentiation, keratinization, and inflammatory processes all of which represent its application in the pathology of acne vulgaris.
Dosage regimen of Adaferin gel 0.1%:
Adaferin gels 0.1% should be applied to the affected area at bedtime after washing the affected part of the skin. A thin film of Adaferin should be applied on the affected area. Hands should be washed before and after applying Adaferin Gel 0.1%. The only small quantity of Adaferin gels 0.1% should be applied to the skin with gentle rubbing and firm spreading for better results. Avoid application of Adaferin gel 0.1% around eyes, lips and mucous membranes.
Contraindications of Adaferin 0.1%:
- Do not use Adaferin in patients under the age of 12 years.
- Do not use Adaferin, if you are pregnant or a lactating mother.
- If you are allergic to this medicine, then do not use Adaferin.
Precautions while using Adaferin 0.1%:
- Do not expose your skin to sunlight, including sunlamps, and you should use sunscreens and other protection whenever prolonged exposure is unavoidable.
- Adaferin should not be applied on skin with cuts, abrasions, eczema, or sunburn.
- Wax epilation should not be done on the Adaferin treated skin.
- Adaferin gels 0.1% should not be applied around the eyes, mouth, angles of the nose, mucous membranes.
Side effects of Adaferin 0.1%:
Some common side effects of Adaferin Gel 0.1% include redness of the skin, itching of skin, tingling sensation, dryness and peeling of skin.