Strattera is an oral medicament, which is prescribed for the treatment of attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), bipolar illness (it is mental disorders in which depression and mood changes are rerecorded frequently) and in other psychological and social behavior related disorders.
What is active mechanism of Strattera?
Strattera contains generic Atomoxetine, which is an inhibitor of nor-epinephrine reuptake and reduce the amount of nor-epinephrine at the postsynaptic levels of the neurons. It increases dopamine level in the striatum or nucleus accumbens, which helps to increase the ability to pay attention, concentrate and stay focused.
Why Strattera is prescribed?
It is used to treat attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder and psychological problems.
In which medical conditions Strattera should be avoided?
- If you have heart problems like irregular heartbeat, heart failure, previous heart attack, then avoid the use of this drug.
- If you have family history sudden cardiac death, then do not take it.
- Avoid the use of this drug in case of liver and kidney disorders.
What type of drugs should be avoided while using Strattera?
- MAO inhibitors such as Isocarboxazid, Linezolid
What is the proper storage condition of Strattera?
Keep this drug at the place where heat and direct sunlight cannot reach properly.
How you should take Strattera in proper manner?
This drug is available in the form of the tablet so take it along with sufficient amount of water. The dose of this drug should be taken 1 to 2 times in day. First dose of this drug should be taken usually in morning and the second dose should be taken in afternoon or early evening. After taking this drug take some rest, as it produces sleepiness. Do not chew or crush the tablets before engulfing them as you may feel bitter taste in your mouth.
What are the possible side effects may produce after the consumption of Strattera?
You may experience some side effects after the consumption of this drug such as tiredness, loss of appetite, constipation, vomiting, nausea, drowsiness, dizziness, dry mouth and weight loss.
What are the precautions should be taken while using Strattera?
- Individual who are allergic to generic Atomoxetine should avoid the use of this drug as you may feel hypersensitive reactions.
- Avoid the use of alcohol and other beverages along with the use this medication as it may accelerate the risk of side effects.
- Do not drive the vehicles after the consumption of this drug because it produces sleepiness.
- Do not use it for long time as it may affect the growth and weight of child.